Thursday, January 31, 2008

How much should you tell your girlfriend?

Am going to be very brief and precise cos we all know what am talking about…….

It has never happened to me, maybe because naturally am a bit secretive, but I know a lot of us girls have fallen victim.
Men are different some girls will say, I prefer to have a guy friend instead of a girlfriend। I do not have a close girlfriend others will say, but give me guy any day then am ok.

When you dig deep you did realize that most of these gals have been burnt by their so called friends and friendship। I belong to the school that preaches that you should guard your love jealously। I do not mean this as an offence to anybody, some gals can be vicious, they love only that which belongs to another, to them, it’s better and sweeter to go for your man first and then remember friendship later.


You take the mushy little details of your love life to them who are almost in a sour relationship and expect to get an applause from them?


I as a person appreciate my girlfriends, in fact I enjoy my friendship with them, but to me I have an unspoken agreement with my friends, yea, we don’t talk about it because we really don’t need to, the line is there, drawn deep into the sand, not made obvious, but with little hints, I tell you to mind your business when it comes to giving those details I feel are too personal in my love life।


Some may call it being too secretive others may see it as being paranoid, but the fact still remains that am able to keep my sanity। Yes, you get to keep your sanity; you are excused from having to worry your head about what your man dose or will do with your gal friend behind your back.


These things happens all the time, a best friend taking her friend’s man, a man getting married to an ex’s friend and all that, it would have meant nothing if both had met on a neutral ground, not through you, I think it hurts more when you realize that your friend got your man because you gave her a helping hand by divulging those sensitive information and details


Having a close friend (gal) that you tell everything is not the problem, telling her everything that happens between you and your man isn’t really the problem, how she handles this information is what the real problem is। Why not save yourself the headache of trying to figure that out by keeping a little for your use when giving your friend or friends your love gist?


I heard somewhere sometime ago that women when it comes to relationships and love are goal oriented; they possess a sleeping power of displacement.
Yes I call it sleeping because most of us don’t even know we possess such powers not until we find out that we have need for it।


How much should you tell?


Don’t tell your friend what will make her get thirsty for you man, some friends are really good but some can be vicious and use whatever information you share against you, some may even go for the killer – take your man from you।


Ciao

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

spot on gal...i have the same idea, i will tell my galfriends about my man but i will not tell them too much info coz i know anything can happen and they can start drooling and looking for ways to hit it... and u know when that happens someone's gonna get hurt!

ShadeCrown said...

VERY WELL SAID... I totally feel u all d way! I had to learn the hard way..lol.. *sigh

Have a nice weekend

Afrobabe said...

hmmmm. I dont know...maybe because I always say what will be will be..If its not your friend it will be another woman...

I unfortunately take my friends with me...but, hmmm maybe I should do a rethink...loosing a man before might not hurt one bit but the clock is ticking....

Ok, I didnt make sense to myself as well...so dont try to understand...just one of them days!!!

desperate lady said...

Yes yes yes I agree. Girl u just hit jackpot with this post. Ill be very honest, I had this friend that kept telling me how good her bf gave head n I swear if not for God, control and friendship, I would hav asked him to give me head also. Please people don't tell too much for christ sake, u make people hunger 4 wut ur getting.

desperate lady said...

Afrobabe has lost it.

Ms. emmotions said...

neema divine, am glad i was able to make some sense....lol, howdy? nice seeing u around gal,

sha, hullo sista, we all seem to learn the hard way huh? wat matters is that we learn eventually

afrobabe, u this gal, u have lost it this time i swear, how u dey ?

DL, PLS PLS PLS,UPDATE DEAR, missed u sha

guerreiranigeriana said...

hmmmmnnnn...what's that thing i keep saying?...oh yeah...KNOW YOUR FRIENDS...yeah cats flip the script all the time...but, some things you should know...and really, some things are truly better left unsaid...why exactly are you telling me how well your dude gives head?...

desperate lady said...

@guerreiranigeriana- exactly! Girl ask me o? U shud.ve seen how this girl kept telling me about her bf givin her head....."omg he made me moan so loud, u shud.ve seen d way he worked his tongue around ma clitoris and then............."
Make I no finish am sha.

Onome said...

wow...dats scary

Onome said...

but wat will be will be really..if it aint d lady's best friend it will be another woman...it probably means d man doesnt even know wat he wants......(in agreement with afrobabe)

Edirin said...

love the blgog

very nice

Simi Speaks said...

keeping ur relationship/marriage private is always the way to go.. it keeps unnecessary influences at bay..

altho it sounds like ur reasoning might be more out of paranoia. No one can "snatch" anyone that doesnt want to be snatched. my 2 cents :-)

Sherri said...

am of the school of thot that says when u have any inklin of suspicion that she can go after ur man she's not worthy to be called a friend and if he goes for her, he's def not ur man.

every woman shud have at least one girlfriend she can talk to about anything and everything..

James Tubman said...

this is so hard for women to resist lol (sorry for laughing)

but this is one of the things that women want the most

they want somebody that is gonna make them brag lol

you can't help it, it's genetics

my opinion would be, if you want to have female friends get the ones who are happy in their relationships

or maybe you shouldn't do that because you might be tempted to creep with one of theirs lol

bumight said...

lol @ DL
there is something called TMI (too much information), I mean its alright to talk to ur friend about ur relationship, but can you spare me the details on how well he gives head? I mean what am I supposed to use that information for?
Sometmes u do want to talk to our friends, bt we need to know when to draw the line.

Anonymous said...

you right!preach on sister!well written

caramel said...

happy new month!!!! greap post and blog. check mine out
www.caramelchic.blogspot.com

SMSL said...

its easier said than done. we women are just programmed to divulge TMI. Even the things you consider irrelevant gets the attn of so called gfs.

And ms emmotions u finally got ur update so check out my blog and thanx for all the comments, i became popular over nite!!! lol.

rethots said...

Oops, ladies' corner.

Jinta said...

just looking in...
pretend i'm not here

Edirin said...

DOESNT IT come down to the type of friends you keep?

i mean a true friend wouldnt take your man

i think the are two type of friends, the one you can tell your business and the one you can draw a line with.
i dunno, im just saying




watz gd Ms. emotions

Afrobabe said...

lmao...ok I still dont understand what I put in that comment box...

DL and GN..unna dey laugh me abi....

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Hear Hear.i only speak to my gal; friends on a need to know basis.i have noticed that if i talk bout a prospective suitor it neva works. so i dont say nothin

Naija Chickito said...

I do have friends that I can trust with whatever i feel I need to get off my chest. And they most certainly can tell me anything, I don't mind at all. Like someone pointed out, if you are scared to talk to your friends, they probably ain't real friends and don't need to know your business anyways!

And if your boyfriend cheats because he can't withstand temptation, you're better off without him then.

Rinsola said...

True talk. This was also advisied in church sometime ago. I believe it all boils down to one controlling the mouth. Thanks for sharing.

onydchic said...

girl, sherri and naija chickito said it straight.
If you can't trust your friend, is she really ur friend?
My boyfriend said he was surprised at how cool i am as opposed to how paranoid his exes were. But I have a theory:
A cheating man WILL cheat. If he's low enough to go after your friend, then you don't need both of them in your life.
I can honestly leave my friend and Bf together, and expect no drama.

I have 3 girls in my life i can tell pretty much anything to. If i don't divulge any info about my relationship, its cos its really a Too-Much-Info kinda gist.

You should be able to trust your close female friends. I admit, chicks can be vindictive, but you cant tell guys EVERYTHING can you? :)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

When you are in a serious relationship, there is only so much you should share with your friends. It isn't even just about someone stealing your man, it's just about maintaining certain things as sacred.

If your friends are true friends, they will understand. And with regards to women stealing their friend's man, it is just nasty business. I have seen it happen so many times and it never ceases to amaze me when I hear the tori.

princesa said...

There are 'friends' and there are 'FRIENDS'!!!

Before you divulge certain info about ur personal life, you should know that friend well at least to a certain extent.

That said anyway...certain things are meant to be PRIVATE!

Jayn Sean said...

And i relate to this in every aspect of it all. Since then i've never had a gal as a friend. I only talk with my cousins. They cant back stab can they?

Gr8 post i must say!

Afrobabe said...

shit anonn girl..happens to u too?

I swear the jinxing is immediately oh...no delay...

Only problem be say I too talk...

how do we solve this issue now???

TheAfroBeat said...

I think there are degrees of friendship and you should definitely have those friends from whom you should never have to fear such things. I agree you shouldn't be divulging intimate details of your relationship (some people think otherwise...power to them!) but you should also not have to hide your man from your friends for fear of their (and his) wandering eyes.

Thanks for sharing.

James Tubman said...

i wish i could get a response to some of these comments please

another thing you can do is just forbid any woman from talking about these affairs around you

even if you have to threaten them with a knife to keep them quiet

do what's necessary

Flourishing Florida said...

Interesting! I've 2 very close friends & i tell them everything. From all my one-night-stands 2 having d hots 4 someone else's boyfriend. Am totally honest with them. Don't know y. Luckily 4 me, these girls do everything to protect me. They've never openly desired any of my men. They've just been d greatest friends 1 could ask me. Guess am blessed.

flawsandall said...

ohh.. I am loving your blog.
.one has to be discrete as to how much information they divulge and who they divulge it too...I personally study my friends and I know what topics to discuss with each of them...because some of them cant handle everything..hey they are not perfect...for the most part I am secretive..If i really need to speak to someone about something, I'll talk to a perfect stranger..at least there are no strings attached..or hey, I have my anonymous blog.lol